1. (a) Sketch the load characteristics, terminal voltage/load current, of the following types of DC generator: (i) series-connected, (ii) shunt-connected and (iii) compound-connected. (b) State one purpose for which….
Which of the following occurs during inspiration?
1. Which of the following occurs during inspiration?
a. abdominal and thoracic pressure increase
b. abdominal pressure decreases and thoracic pressure increases
c. abdominal pressure increases and thoracic pressure decreases
d. abdominal pressure decreases and thoracic pressure remains unchanged
2. Which of the following is the simplest form of Doppler?
c. pulse wave
d. continuous wave
3. The vertical axis of a spectral analysis represents:
4. Rate of motion with respect to time defines:
5. Poiseuille’s equation predicts:
a. the onset of aliasing
b. the onset of turbulence
c. resistance to acceleration
d. flow volume in a cylindrical vessel
6. Pulse wave Doppler uses a maximum of:
a. 5 cycles per pulse
b. 15 cycles per pulse
c. 20 cycles per pulse
d. 30 cycles per pulse
7. Color Doppler frequency shifts are obtained using:
a. beam profiler
b. scan converter
d. fast Fourier transfer
8 In this spectral display, which of the following changes will most likely demonstrate the low-velocity blood flow?
a. decrease wall filter
b. increase spectral gain
c. increase operating frequency
d. decrease pulse repetition frequency
9. Demonstrating nonvascular motion is generally accomplished using:
a. color Doppler
b. spectral analysis
c. pulse wave Doppler
d. continuous wave Doppler
10. Power Doppler imaging displays the signal’s:
d. frequency shift
11. Which of the following changes will improve this duplex image?
a. increase wall filter
b. decrease Doppler gain
c. decrease pulse repetition frequency
d. increase pulse repetition frequency