1. (a) Sketch the load characteristics, terminal voltage/load current, of the following types of DC generator: (i) series-connected, (ii) shunt-connected and (iii) compound-connected. (b) State one purpose for which….
Which of the following intensities is greatest across the sound beam?
1. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WRMSD) are defined as injuries that involve musculoskeletal symptoms that remain for:
a. 7 days or longer
b. 2 weeks or longer
c. 7 weeks or longer
d. 1 month or longer
2. Repeated gripping of the transducer is more commonly associated with:
a. carpal tunnel syndrome
b. de Quervain’s disease
c. cubital tunnel syndrome
d. thoracic outlet syndrome
3. Which of the following denotes the likelihood cavitation will occur?
a. thermal index
b. radiation force
c. SATA intensity
d. mechanical index
3. Which of the following intensities is greatest across the sound beam?
a. spatial peak
b. temporal peak
c. spatial average
d. temporal average
4. Research has shown transcranial Doppler (TCD) imaging results in:
a. a minimal amount of cavitation
b. tissue lesions in small mammals
c. a rapid increase in the temperature of the cranium
d. a minimal increase in the temperature of the cranium
5. Ultrasound has a small potential to produce a biological effect because:
a. it is a form of energy
b. of the frequency range employed
c. contrast agents introduce bubbles into the tissues
d. fetal tissue is less tolerant to temperature increase