1. Atwo-pole 60 Hz induction motor has a slip of2%on full load. The full-load speed is (a) 58.8 r/s (b) 3528 r/min (c) 60 r/s (d) 2880 r/min 2.The….
Which of the following intensities is greatest across the sound beam?
1.Ultrasound has a small potential to produce a biological effect because:
a. it is a form of energy
b. of the frequency range employed
c. contrast agents introduce bubbles into the tissues
d. fetal tissue is less tolerant to temperature increases
2. Which of the following organizations regulates ultrasound equipment?
3. The AIUM recommends:
a. ultrasound as a safe obstetrical procedure
b. decreased receiver gain and increasing acoustic power
c. prudent use of ultrasound in the clinical environment
d. obstetrical examinations for sex determination of a fetus
4. Cavitation is the result of:
a. a rise in tissue temperature exceeding 1° C
b. the attenuation of the sound wave as it travels through soft tissue
c. pressure changes in soft tissue causing the formation of gas bubbles
d. introduction of bubbles into the tissues and circulation from contrast agents
5. Absorption of the sound beam is highest in:
6. Heating of soft tissue is proportional to the:
a. tissue thickness
b. mechanical index
c. operating frequency
d. spatial peak intensity
7. The sonographer in this image is demonstrating which of the following?
a. twisting of the neck and reaching of the arm
b. abduction of the shoulder and twisting of the trunk
c. twisting of the trunk and reaching of the arm
d. reaching of the arm and abduction of the shoulder
8. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WRMSD) are defined as injuries that involve musculoskeletal symptoms that remain for:
a. 7 days or longer
b. 2 weeks or longer
c. 7 weeks or longer
d. 1 month or longer
9. Repeated gripping of the transducer is more commonly associated with:
a. carpal tunnel syndrome
b. de Quervain’s disease
c. cubital tunnel syndrome
d. thoracic outlet syndrome
10. Which of the following denotes the likelihood cavitation will occur?
a. thermal index
b. radiation force
c. SATA intensity
d. mechanical index
11. Which of the following intensities is greatest across the sound beam?
a. spatial peak
b. temporal peak
c. spatial average
d. temporal average