Southwest Airlines is a major carrier based in Texas, and has made a strategy of cutting fares drastically on certain routes with large effects on air traffic in those markets…..
what is the larger debate that is being addressed by this book?
The Critical Review Paper will be on William Easterly’s book The Tyranny of Experts: Economists, Dictators, and the Forgotten Rights of the Poor.
Length: 8-10 pages
Contents: the book review MUST HAVE 3 PARTS:
- Part 1: Summary of the research question and of the argument, and theoretical framework of the book
- Part 2: Internal critical evaluation of the book:
• type of evidence used, quality of the evidence
• case selection
• how well does the evidence support the argument?
• strengths of the book and glaring weaknesses, how to improve it
- Part 3: A discussion of the contribution of the book to the larger debates on Globalization (citing some of the readings of the class):
• what is the larger debate that is being addressed by this book?
• what is its main contribution?
• what are alternative views? With whom does the author agree and disagree?
• what is your personal view on the better side of the debate?