1. (a) Sketch the load characteristics, terminal voltage/load current, of the following types of DC generator: (i) series-connected, (ii) shunt-connected and (iii) compound-connected. (b) State one purpose for which….
The sonographer in this image is demonstrating which of the following?
1. Absorption of the sound beam is highest in:
2. Heating of soft tissue is proportional to the:
a. tissue thickness
b. mechanical index
c. operating frequency
d. spatial peak intensity
3. The sonographer in this image is demonstrating which of the following?
a. twisting of the neck and reaching of the arm
b. abduction of the shoulder and twisting of the trunk
c. twisting of the trunk and reaching of the arm
d. reaching of the arm and abduction of the shoulder
4. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WRMSD) are defined as injuries that involve musculoskeletal symptoms that remain for:
a. 7 days or longer
b. 2 weeks or longer
c. 7 weeks or longer
d. 1 month or longer
5. Repeated gripping of the transducer is more commonly associated with:
a. carpal tunnel syndrome
b. de Quervain’s disease
c. cubital tunnel syndrome
d. thoracic outlet syndrome
6. Which of the following denotes the likelihood cavitation will occur?
a. thermal index
b. radiation force
c. SATA intensity
d. mechanical index
7. Which of the following intensities is greatest across the sound beam?
a. spatial peak
b. temporal peak
c. spatial average
d. temporal average
8. Research has shown transcranial Doppler (TCD) imaging results in:
a. a minimal amount of cavitation
b. tissue lesions in small mammals
c. a rapid increase in the temperature of the cranium
d. a minimal increase in the temperature of the cranium