Develop a plan for a new or revised curriculum which you think is appropriate for your own context. As part of that plan you should create a proposal for a….
Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND): Current Issues and Concerns.Critically analyse and evaluate theory, legislation, policy and guidance, critical reading relating to pupils with SEN and practice relating to inclusion/SEND
1. Critically analyse and evaluate theory, legislation, policy and guidance, critical reading relating to pupils with SEN and practice relating to inclusion/SEND
2. Identify and critically analyse contemporary issues concerning inclusion/SEND, reflexively thinking about the dilemmatic nature of such issues.
Core Assignment Brief
Drawing on theory, practice and legislation as the basis for your critical analysis, consider one current issue/concern associated with inclusion/SEND.
Expanded Assignment Brief
1. Select one inclusion/SEND current issue or concern you wish to explore. Aim to be specific, for example, avoid a general topic such as partnership with parents/carers of children with SEND. Instead unpick one key issue associated with SEND parent/carer partnership.
2. Formulate your key issue as a statement/question. The chosen statement/question should support you in the development of your theoretical and practical knowledge. It should also encompass both learning outcomes (the first of which concerns theory, legislation and policy, the second implications for practice.
3. Identify the theory, legislation/policy and practice associated with your current issue or concern.
4. Draw on theory from a range of sources: books, journal articles and research. Question the suitability of other material you draw from, is there a good reason why you are referencing material which is not peer reviewed, has no publication date and/or page numbers? Remember there is never a good reason to reference Wikipedia or a dictionary in an academic submission!
5. Range of sources should include: British journals of special Education, Support for Learning (Wiley online Library), The SEND Code of Practice.
6. Your References must not be less than twenty-five (25). This is to show wider reading of the subject area.
Remember to critic authors.