1. Early in the presentation, we touched on the importance and relevance of African masks and heir meanings. What other meanings can you think of that would be a practical purpose? What other animals could be represented and what would be their representation?
2. What did you notice about the features of the sculptures that they tended to have in common? What could this signify?
3. Reread the section of your textbook on Romanticism then compare similarities and differences between Theodore Gericault’s The Raft of Medusa and Eugene Delacroix’s The Death of Sardanapalus (pp. 444-446). Take note of the size of both of these pieces. The book has its interpretation of what the paintings were trying to portray but what do you think the artists were trying to accomplish by displaying such despair and violence on such a large scale?
4. Choose another work of art in your textbook (anywhere except for Chapter 19) that depicts desperation and despair. Describe in detail the image(s) in the piece you chose, and compare them to Theodore Gericault’s The Raft of Medusa or Eugene Delacroix’s The Death of Sardanapalus. What are the similarities and differences between the piece you chose and the piece from either Gericault or Delacroix? Please do not use a piece that another student has already described. Either attach a copy of the image to your discussion board response or include the page number for easy reference.
The book Understanding art 10th edition
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level professionals
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written papers