Sexual assault is an insidious problem in the United States military. In 2005 the Department of Defense (DoD) created the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office, which centralizes responsibility for….
Select and critically analyze two scholarly articles on the same or similar topic related to clinical work with military affiliated families.
For example, two articles on the issues related to impact on family of deployment, transition, reintegration/readjustment, spouse employment, caregiving, military child education, etc…. Write a four (4) to six (6) page paper (not including the title or reference pages) of your analysis. The articles should be from scholarly sources such as peer-reviewed journals, not articles from newspapers or popular magazines or media outlets. The paper should be double-spaced with 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Select two scholarly articles. The articles should be on the same or a very similar topic and from peer reviewed academic journals. (5 pts)
- Summarize the key concepts: Explain the 2-3 key points the author(s) share about working with military affiliated families. (10 pts)
- Integrate the analysis by highlighting similarities and differences between the research findings and/or concepts discussed in each article. (10 pts) (Are there similarities or differences in the statistics/facts used?)
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the research/scholarship (i.e. research methods used, type of sampling methods used (was the sample size diverse? Did they use a specific group or only used individuals in a certain location?) Is the same size generalizable? Why? Why not?, unbiased analysis/objective presentation of information…). (10 pts)
- Explain the importance of the articles to clinical practice with military affiliated families. Explain why the articles are or are not useful to the field of clinical practice with military affiliated families. (10 pts)
- Discuss how the articles fit into a bigger context (or not) of clinical practice with military affiliated families. For example, if the information was used on a large scale what impact might this have on military family policy or budgeting? (10 pts) (If the information in these articles were applied to the military currently how could they change policies or protocol for deployment?)
- Discuss how the information in the articles can be applied to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and/or other diversity issues in the context of clinical practice with military affiliated families. (10 pts)
- Discuss your view of the most interesting aspect of the articles. What aspect of the articles did you personally find the most interesting or useful for your work with military affiliated families? (5 pts) (This can be in first person form)