Propane is to be compressed from 0.4 MPa and 360 K to 4 MPa using a two-stage compressor. An interstage cooler returns the temperature of the propane to 360 K….
SОFTWАRЕ DЕVЕLОРMЕNT РRОСЕSS
following situations . [15 Marks]
- a) A university intends to procure an integrated student management system holding all details
of registered students including personal information, courses taken and examination marks
- b) A system that supports budget control for a small, high tech company in consulting and
software development business.
- c) A telephone switching system which is responsible for establishing and maintaining
connections, where security and reliability are the concerns.
- Suppose you are the project manager of a software project that consists of the following
|Activity No.||Activity Name||Duration(Days)||Predecessor|
|5||Make decision analysis||3||2|
|7||Build module 1||10||3,4,5|
|8||Build module 2||12||2,3,4|
|9||Build module 3||18||3,4,6|
- Draw the Activity network representation of the project. [10 Marks]
- Determine the critical path for the above. [10 Marks]
- Calculate the minimum duration required to complete the project. [10 Marks]
- d. What is the effect on the project if activity 4 is delayed by 2 days [5 Marks]
- A university intends to procure an integrated student management system holding all details of registered students including personal information, courses taken and examination marks achieved. The alternative approaches to be adopted are either: [15 Marks]
- Buy a database management system and develop an in-house system based on the database.
- Buy a system from another university and modify it to local requirements.
- Join a consortium of other universities, establish a common set of requirements and contract a software house to develop a single system for all of the universities in the consortium.
Identify two possible risks in each of these strategies and suggest techniques for risk resolution which would help in deciding which approach to adopt.