Propane is to be compressed from 0.4 MPa and 360 K to 4 MPa using a two-stage compressor. An interstage cooler returns the temperature of the propane to 360 K….
From a moral perspective, do you think that a goal of the United States government should be to reduce economic inequality in our country?
- Give an example of an act that is legal but possibly immoral. Then, give an example of an act that is moral but illegal. (4 pts)
- Rank the following professions according to what their salaries should be, from highest to lowest. Then explain how you determined these rankings. (6 pts)
- Coal Miner
- Prison Security Guard
- Real Estate Agent
- When an NFL team is looking for a new coach, should the owner be required by the league commissioner to interview at least one African-American candidate? Why or why not? Use concepts from our textbook in your answer. (10 pts)
- Think back to our discussions on theories of punishment and answer the following questions: Should a DWC student who is convicted of sexually assaulting another student on campus be allowed to re-enroll once he/she has been released from jail? Why or why not? Use concepts from our textbook in your answer. (15 pts)
- From a moral perspective, do you think that a goal of the United States government should be to reduce economic inequality in our country? Why or why not? Use concepts from our textbook in your answer. (15 pts)
Note: Reducing economic inequality does not necessarily mean adopting communism (which calls for the elimination of all property and the creation of a classless society) or socialism (which calls for a radical redistribution of wealth and an economy dominated by the government.) What this question is asking is whether it is morally just for the government to take a portion of your tax dollars and use it for the benefit of someone living in poverty.