1. (a) Sketch the load characteristics, terminal voltage/load current, of the following types of DC generator: (i) series-connected, (ii) shunt-connected and (iii) compound-connected. (b) State one purpose for which….
Formulate a goal programming model to determine the amount of shag and sculptured carpet to produce to best meet the company’s goals.
1. The Wear-ever Carpet Company manufactures two brands of carpet—shag and sculptured— in 100-yard lots. It requires 8 hours to produce one lot of shag carpet and 6 hours to produce one lot of sculptured carpet. The company has the following production goals, in prioritized order:
(1) Do not underutilize production capacity, which is 480 hours.
(2) Achieve product demand of 40 (100-yard) lots for shag and 50 (100-yard) lots for sculptured carpet. Meeting demand for shag is more important than meeting demand for sculptured, by a ratio of 5 to 2.
(3) Limit production overtime to 20 hours.
Formulate a goal programming model to determine the amount of shag and sculptured carpet
to produce to best meet the company’s goals.