Propane is to be compressed from 0.4 MPa and 360 K to 4 MPa using a two-stage compressor. An interstage cooler returns the temperature of the propane to 360 K….
application of the operations management concepts
For this module, you are required to complete a course project that reveals mastery in application of the operations management concepts emphasised in the course. This involves reporting on a specific operation or process for an organisation and the operations management practices that affect the performance of that particular operation/process. The project should be a formal business report that provides information regarding the strategic objectives of the organisation as well as the strategy of the specific operation/process. With regard to the specific operation/process chosen, the report should effectively analyse its design, organisation, technology, planning and control aspects, and strategies for improvement, preventing failure, and ensuring quality. Evaluation and analysis of these areas are to be supported with operations management concepts you have covered throughout the module.
This week you will continue to work on your Final Project for this module. The purpose of the Final Project is to apply the concepts and techniques of the module to the analysis of real-world situations or problems. You are expected to use diverse sources of information and to carry out an original analysis rather than summarise or rehash existing work. You are encouraged to use situations and data from you own experience where possible.
Your task for Week 7 is to hand in the outline of your project report and to begin revisions as soon as you receive feedback from your Instructor. The outline should not include detailed sections of the Final Project. Instead, it should be a specific and crisp overview of the contents that will comprise the final report, which will provide a detailed account of the six tasks listed below.
Remember that the tasks required for the Final Project that will be submitted in Week 8 are as follows:
- Identify the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Analyse how the strategy of the selected operation/process is aligned with the strategic objectives of the organisation based on the performance objectives and characteristics of the operation/process.
- Evaluate the overall design of the operation/process regarding its total supply network, location of capacity, physical layout, and jobs.
- Assess the deployment of technology within the operation/process based on the performance objectives as well as volume-variety characteristics.
- Evaluate the planning and control methods or approaches for managing the demand and capacity of the operation/process.
- Analyse the techniques utilised for improvement of the operation/process, as well as for detecting/preventing failure and ensuring quality.
The annotated outline should address each of the tasks listed above. You need to briefly describe what information you will include in each section of the report that will satisfy these requirements. Please be sure your outline adheres to the Harvard Referencing System. The work that will be carried out in the outline should represent a higher-level view than the contents of the Final Project. As such, you must remain at this level to avoid reusing the same wording in the final document.
Previous work done by the writer is attached as HIA 5, also the instructors notes is below:
“You have clear ideas on what to do in the project. Carry on working on your project. I hope the first draft could be completed by week 7 and week 8 could be used to revise it. This is a good layout of a report but not an appropriate proposal. Proposal is a detailed outline to describe what you want to do, why you want to do it and how you do it.”