1. Suppose that a list contains the values 20 44 48 55 62 66 74 88 93 99 at index positions 0 through 9. Trace the values of the variables….
Explain why insertion sort works well on partially sorted lists.
1. Which configuration of data in a list causes the smallest number of exchanges in a selection sort? Which configuration of data causes the largest number of exchanges?
2. Explain the role that the number of data exchanges plays in the analysis of selection sort and bubble sort. What role, if any, does the size of the data objects play?
3. Explain why the modified bubble sort still exhibits O(n2) behavior on the average.
4. Explain why insertion sort works well on partially sorted lists.