1. Your task is to compare and contrast ( What similar and what difference )a well-known multi-channel firm and a well-known dot com firm (i.e. 1 firm of each type)…..
Explain the major components of a data warehouse architecture, including the various forms of data transformations needed to prepare data for a data warehouse.
This week’s written activity is a three-part activity. You will respond to three separate prompts but prepare your paper as one research paper. Be sure to include at least one scholarly reference per prompt, in addition to your textbook (which means you’ll have at least 4 sources cited).
Start your paper with an introductory paragraph.
Prompt 1 “Data Warehouse Architecture” (2-3 pages): Explain the major components of a data warehouse architecture, including the various forms of data transformations needed to prepare data for a data warehouse. Also, describe in your own words current key trends in data warehousing.
Prompt 2 “Big Data” (2-3 pages): Describe your understanding of big data and give an example of how you’ve seen big data used either personally or professionally. In your view, what demands is big data placing on organizations and data management technology?
Prompt 3 “Green Computing” (2-3 pages): One of our topics in Chapter 13 surrounds IT Green Computing. The need for green computing is becoming more obvious considering the amount of power needed to drive our computers, servers, routers, switches, and data centers. Discuss ways in which organizations can make their data centers “green”. In your discussion, find an example of an organization that has already implemented IT green computing strategies successfully. Discuss that organization and share your link. You can find examples in the UC Library.
Conclude your paper with a detailed conclusion section.
The paper needs to be approximately 7-10 pages long, including both a title page and a references page (for a total of 9-12 pages). Be sure to use proper APA formatting and citations to avoid plagiarism.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
• Be approximately seven to ten pages in length, not including the abstract, required cover page or reference page.
• Follow APA guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
• Support your answers with the readings from the course, the course textbook, and at least three scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find supplemental resources.
• Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.