1. Think about your own personal environmental hierarchical continuum. What are some of your proximal and distal environments? If you were suddenly unable to access these environments independently, how would….
Do you consider health promotion to be a legitimate discipline or field of study?
1. How would you respond to someone who stated that the health of your patients must be 'beyond considerations of cost'?
2. What arguments could you use in support of a request for funding for some new equipment which
you know will greatly benefit your patients?
3. Why should you be sceptical about the claim that a measure of the success of the NHS is the fact that it is treating more patients than ever before?
1. From a nurse's perspective what are the key issues of community care requiring economic appraisal and why?
2. Do you consider health promotion to be a legitimate discipline or field of study? Can you justify your answer?
3. Are health promotion and public health one and the same?