1. Review the ‘Episode of care – Lucas’ page in ‘Assessment 1’ module on Canvas. This is where you will find the clinical case information. 2. Using the case information, complete a psychosocial assessment using the ‘Formulation Framework – 5 P’s’ o Presenting problem o Predisposing factors o Precipitating factors o Perpetuating factors o Protective factors 3. Identify case relevant ‘cues’ based on steps 1 & 2. 4. Using the ‘Nursing diagnoses: definitions and classifications – 2015-17’ (NANDA-I), identify one (1) nursing diagnosis (clinical judgement) related to Lucas’ psychosocial, spiritual or cultural well-being, based on the cues you identified in step 3. 5. Outline two (2) priorities of care for Lucas based on your nursing diagnosis (supported with evidence). 6. Document steps 2-5 as a handwritten clinical progress….
Category Archives: Biology
Joanne just celebrated her 50thbirthday and knows that she should probably see her physician for a physical. She’s generally in good health, but has been experiencing some odd symptoms lately. Joanne has been experiencing mild to moderate headaches once or twice a week, usually in the morning hours. She feels that her mental acuity “isn’t what it used to be” and forgets the day of the week occasionally. Her husband often complains that she has the TV too loud, but Joanne thinks it’s a normal volume. She has noticed that her feet and toes are colder and she has to wear socks and slippers around the house to be comfortable. A few nights a week, she wakes up in the middle of the night with tingling and numbness….
In what way Schrodinger’s equation is analogous to Newton’s second law of motion?
Can we determine the position of the particle using the wave function?
How does a wave function represent the state of the particle?
1. Systematically review literature to justify the rationale for the research or innovation process. 2. Discuss the stages of the research and innovation process from conceptualisation to dissemination in context of bioinformatics. 3. Discusses the technical limitations and the underlying biological and experimental assumptions that impact on data quality. 4. Justify the rationale for requirements for responsible, legal or ethical access and use of biological data, including general data protection (GDPR) considerations, identifiable personal genomic & healthcare data, and geographic biodiversityrelated data concerns. 5. Design a justified hypothesis, plan and a research process to test a hypothesis from conception to completion/archiving in accordance with ethical and research governance regulations, drawing on expert advice where necessary. Practical Skills 6. Design, plan and undertake a research project to test a….
describe the stages involved in aerobic respiration. include in your account the importance of glucose and oxygen in the process. also, outline the role of ATP synthase in the electron transport chain
1. Explain the importance of Microbiology in the human survival and disease causation. 2. State the classification of medically important bacteria. 3. Compare and contrast prokaryotes from eukaryotes. 4. Discuss the function and indication of the different types of microscopes used in Microbiology. 5. Discuss the general categories of microbial metabolism. 6. What are the focal metabolites and their interconversions 7. Discuss the microbial assimilatory and biosynthetic pathways. 8. What are patterns of the microbial energy-yielding pathways? 9. Discuss the regulation of microbial metabolic pathways. 10. What are the factors that govern the progression of microbial infections? 11. What are the chemical mediators involved in the progression of infections? 12. What are the general clinical manifestation of microbial infections? 13. What are the targets of antimicrobial agents? 14…..
Description/Focus: Essay: Week Risk Assessment and Management of Invaders Length: 2,000 words Task: Please read Chapters 3.4 (Risk assessment) and chapter 5 (Assessment and management ) in the GISP Toolkit (Wittenberg & Cock 2001): access:http://www.hear.org/pier/pdf/gisp_toolkit.pdf , conduct a literature search and then write an essay addressing the following questions:
1. Prevention- How does an understanding of weed risk assessment allow you to make better management decisions? You should be able to draw upon a range of examples to illustrate your response.
2. Management- What are the aims and applications of the main management strategies for dealing with established invasive alien species (plants and animals?). How do you choose between each when developing management goals and approaches? Use examples wherever possible in your response.
6-10 references in APA
What is the belly of the muscle?What divides the muscle into upper (epaxial) and lower (hypaxial) muscle mass?
Objective This paper aims to establish the current knowledge of modern and traditional typhoid therapy among the populace from the developing world. It will seek to develop any existing gap on this essential knowledge as far as public health is concerned with typhoid prevalence among developing nations. Limited data was established on the knowledge of typhoid (both traditional and modern) in the developing world. The literature revealed a considerable knowledge gap in the existing therapy for typhoid in developing countries. It also established two ramifications of the knowledge gap, which include higher incidences of multidrug-resistant strains of Salmonella typhi and increased cases of drug toxicities. The review recommends a need for the establishment of elaborate intervention to address the existence of a knowledge gap of both modern and….
In preparation for this discussion complete the following:
Review the Pygmy Mammoths of Catalina Island website located at: https://www.nps.gov/chis/learn/historyculture/pygmymammoth.htm. Watch the “Pygmy Mammoth Evolution” video located at: https://www.nps.gov/media/video/view.htm?id=DC71F234-CCA1-763A-B12B231F3DD2CB32.
Prepare a substantive response to the following questions.
Part I: Discuss to what extent are people in a technological society exempt from natural selection? Explain your answer
Part II: What are all of the selective forces and mechanisms of evolution you can identify from the lecture. Discuss one of these mechanisms and explain how it could drive a biological change over time that could result in an impact on human health.
Providespecific examples and references to the video in your response