1. Atwo-pole 60 Hz induction motor has a slip of2%on full load. The full-load speed is (a) 58.8 r/s (b) 3528 r/min (c) 60 r/s (d) 2880 r/min 2.The….
answer all questions using your own words.
The questions in this workbook are divided into two categories: Knowledge Assessment and Case Studies.
The questions under Knowledge Assessments are all in a short answer format. The longer questions requiring creative and analytical thought processes are covered in the Project assessment. You must answer all questions using your own words. However, you may reference your learner guide and other relevant resources and learning materials to complete this assessment.
Some questions cover processes you would likely encounter in a workplace. Ideally, you should be able to answer these questions based on the processes that are currently in place in your workplace. If this is not the case, then answer the questions based on processes that should be implemented in your workplace.
What is competency based assessment The features of a competency based assessment system are:
- It is focused on what learners can do and whether it meets the criteria specified by industry as competency standards.
- Assessment should mirror the environment the learner will encounter in the workplace.
- Assessment criteria should be clearly stated to the learner at the beginning of the learning process.
- Assessment should be holistic. That is it aims to assess as many elements and/or units of competency as is feasible at one time.
- In competency assessment a learner receives one of only two outcomes – competent or not yet competent.