Critically discuss the following: “To deny that human rights are universal is to empower dictators who oppress their own people.”
Engage in reasoned debate about human rights universalism and cultural relativism.
• Analyse contemporary tensions between respecting cultural diversity and compliance with human rights norms.
• Display effective research skills and analytical processes in investigating the cultural issues raised by the rise of the global human rights regime.
Mutua, M. (2001). Savages, victims and saviors:
Langlois, A. J. (2009). Human rights universalism
United Nations. (1948). The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Engle, K. (2001). From skepticism to embrace:
Merry, S. E. (2003). Human rights law and the demonization of culture
Mengetsu, D. (2013). Not a click away: Joseph Kony in the real world.
Merry, S. E. (2006). Transnational human rights and local activism:
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers