Sam Foster, school psychologist, developed good rapport with Frank Green, a 10th grader, when he counseled Frank about some problems in adjusting to a new stepfather. Later in the year, Frank makes an appointment to see Sam and reports that things seem to be going better at home. He confides that he stopped by to talk to Sam because he is worried about a girl in his woodshop class named Heidi. Heidi is a friendly 16-year-old who is mentally retarded. Recently, three boys in the woodshop class began to show a special interest in her. Frank saw the boys take Heidi into a storeroom near the woodshop on two occasions after class, and he thinks the boys are doing something bad to Heidi. How should Sam handle this….
Daily Archives: December 22, 2020
What information do you think Pearl should share with Jack’s university supervisor, and why? What information should Pearl disclose to the school district regarding the termination of Jack’s internship, and why? Do you believe Pearl should recommend to the university that Jack be permanently dismissed from his graduate training program? Or do you believe Jack should be allowed to complete an internship after he has received treatment for alcohol abuse and personal problems? What are the ethical reasons for or against each course of action? See Lamb et al. (1991) for a discussion of suggested procedures for identifying and responding to a supervisee’s problematic behaviors or impairment.
1. Explain the main purpose of interpoles in DC machine.
2. Why tapering of interpoles is carried out in a DC machine?
3. Provide the specifications of DC machine.
4. Provide the output equation of DC machine.
5. Give the relation between Pa and P for large DC motor and generator.
6. Give the relation between Pa and P for small DC motor and generator.
7. What are the factors influenced by choice of specific magnetic loading in DC machine?
8. Provide the values of specific magnetic loading for DC machine.
1. Mention the location and use of compensating winding in DC machine. Compensating winding is placed under the pole shoe of DC machine that is used to prevent the distortion of the field flux pattern due to armature reaction.
2. Discuss about “active copper” and “inactive copper” in the design of DC machine. Active copper describes the portion of copper coils lying in the slots of armature and field pole as they determine the electric loading of the machine. Inactive copper describes the overhang portions of the copper coils as they establish the connection between the conductors and form coils.
1. What is slot loading? Slot loading is the product of current in the armature conductor and number of conductors per slot. Slot loading = Iz Zs Amp conductor
2. Mention the advantages and disadvantages of choice of less number of poles for DC machine. Advantages: (i) Reduction in frequency of flux reversals and iron losses (ii) Reduction in flash over between brushes (iii) Reduction in labour charges and cost of assembly (iv) Reduction in number of commutator segment and brushes Disadvantages: (i) Increase in weight of armature core and yoke (ii) Rise in cost of armature and field conductors (iii) Increase in overall length and diameter of machine (iv) Increase in length of commutator (v) Increase in distortion of field form under load condition
What percentage of older people are in nursing homes?
1. Are old men and women abnormal if they are interested in sex?
2. Can most people live to 100?
3. Will everyone become senile if they live long enough?
4. Do decades of experience make a person wise?
5. For the benefit of the species as a whole, why would genes promote aging?
6. Do people want the comforts of daily life—driving and eating—more than longer lives?
7. Why do many people contemplate aging with sorrow rather than joy?
The male fairness cream industry is growing at a scorching 150 percent per year. The industry evidently has woken up to the fact that the metrosexual man has a large appetite for beauty (the industry expression is “male grooming”) products, particularly driven by a desire to look as fair as the fairer sex.ABC company recently launched ‘GROOM PLUS’, a men’s fairness cream and claims that the market feedback is highly positive and encouraging. It is now planning an extension of GROOM PLUS to products like Bleaches, Shaving Creams, and Lotion etc.Hitherto men used fairness cream/ bleach that was available in parlour packs. Subsequent research showed that men prefer bleach of their own – with its own fragrance and specific skin type formulations, especially branded ones.Questions:(a) Suggest bases for….
Consider an H-O economy in which there are two countries (US and France), two goods (wine and cheese) and two factors (capital and labor). In each question below you are given partial information about the model and asked to infer some other part. Treat each question separately and independently. (10 marks)
a. Assume the US is labor-abundant and cheese is labor-intensive. What is the pattern of trade in free trade? (State what the US and France import and export). Which theorem is applied to get this answer? Explain.
b. Suppose an increase in the labor force in the US causes cheese production to increase. Which factor is used intensively in wine production? Which H-O theorem is applied to get this answer? Explain.
c. Suppose a decrease in the price….
Prevention is a critical component of every student’s education. Proactive approaches to student issues can help to alleviate future pitfalls. You are concerned about the seniors in your caseload making a good transition to college life. You know that many students have difficulty adjusting the first year and that you have heard that the national dropout rate for first-year college students is approximately 30 percent. Students are beginning to receive their letters of acceptance and seem very excited about the independence that comes with leaving high school. There are still three months before they graduate. How can counseling strategies address these issues? How will you use the dimensions of counseling—classroom guidance, group counseling, and individual counseling—in your school setting?
Intervention may be necessary to deal with crisis or at-risk behaviors. Remediation, which is a term often equated with teaching and learning, is about acquiring skills for learning new behaviors. Several students in Mr. Bryant’s third grade class have gotten into trouble repeatedly for fighting on the playground. The class has developed a reputation for being full of troublemakers. The majority of the students are concerned about how the other students and teachers in the school are talking about them. This situation has caused conflict in the classroom and Mr. Bryant has asked for your help. How will counseling help to alleviate the problem? Who needs to be involved? How will you use the dimensions of counseling to intervene and prevent future occurrences?